Thursday, July 08, 2004

Wasting-Oxygen Phase

Seem to have a nice little habit of reporting things a week (plus plus) later after the actual event. Lazy Libran to the excuse! *plays theme song*

Ever had spontaneous decisions? Well, it's something like when I opened my eyes from a REM today, I wanted to eat macaroni for lunch tomorrow. Approximately three weeks ago, I woke up and decided to get my navel pierced. So I did. Shoot me, am an exhibitionist.

I like it. However, am ready for the definite infections. Ack. Couldn't sit/lie down/bend properly for two days. Muns accompanied me to the parlor in Sg Wang. The people there were funny, they kept singing Doraemon's theme song and made lotsa jokes. The girl who pierced me looked v cartoony ala Powerpuff girl, though with piercings and tattoos. Blonde hair in ponytails, electric blue eyeshadow, tube top and pink trackpants. While she was poking a needle in my flesh, the two other guys tried to convince Muns to get a tatt, lol.

Saw Harry Potter 3 before that. Well, the acting is definitely wayyy better... And I felt this version is nicer than Chris Columbus's style, though everything is v abrupt. Like my friends said, those who had read the books will know what is going on. but somehow HP movie series always fails to stay put in my mind. It does not have that 'pulling' effect to make me want to watch it again and again. Unlike LOTR. Which I watched nearly three times and NOT for the reason of the guys. Well, maybe Aragorn IS rather handsome... But mostly it's the movie, the storyline I love.

I haven't even watched Shrek 2. Sad, isn't it? Watched Around the World In 80 Days though, and though it has some dumb jokes, but mostly of the movie, was laughing my guts out. A lot of diff actors in there! Jackie Chan (D'oh), Karen Mok, Macy Gray, Sammo Hung, the Owen Brothers (acting as the Wright Brothers) and loads more. It's like throughout the show, it's "Eh! Macy Gray!" and "Oooh! Daniel Wu!! *swoon*" . Lol. Not a really serious movie, but some good fight scenes and hilarious accidents.

And yes, they cut a kissing scene. Geez, we're not that sheltered, hello! Censorship board treat us all like we're five years old or something. Ah, and as usual, the subtitles are jokes themselves. I can't remember any for this movie, but one translation will always stay in my mind... "Frodo dari kampung."

Can practically feel my fats having a grand welcome party to new fat cells now 'cause am not working no more. Mental and physical exercise currently does not exist in my life now. Envying my college-going friends' hectic life while they envy my wasting-oxygen phase. Lol.

Other than that, I won some stuff from Cleo. Maybelline hamper. I didnt do much to get it, but feel excited all the same. Not that I use make-up either... so the whole thing will go to my Ma. Why can't they have contests where winners get nice little vouchers for Kinokuniya or smthg? Yeah, well, am a geek. So stab me with a blunt satay stick.

1 comment:

gianne said...

from blog-city:
1. Andy Lim left...
Thursday, 8 July 2004 10:33 pm
Agree on the censorship stupidity, the rules in usually tight Singapore are much looser on sensorship...

Btw, congrats on winning the hamper, now I want my book! XD

Visit me @ http://wittysquirrel.blogspot.com/


2. Silhouette left...
Saturday, 10 July 2004 2:24 am
OMG the censorship board! If they could, they'd use black marker to cover up all those sexy stuff you see on the actresses! But then...the entire movie would be gone!


3. a reader left...
Saturday, 24 July 2004 12:45 am
Belated congrats on the hamper.

Am a big fan of the HP books, but never the movies, even though Dan Radcliffe's a spitting image of the protagonist. And I wouldn't pay money to go watch Around the World in 80 Days. =P

synical