Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Oldies and Random Thoughts

Take my photo off the wall
If it just won't sing for you
'Cause all that's left has gone away
And there's nothing there for you to prove

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
Until you lose what you had won

Give me back my point of view
'Cause I just can't think for you
I can hardly hear you say
What should I do, well you choose

- Look What You've Done JET

Everytime a song like this comes on air, all these oldies sounding, melancholy songs, from a happy mood, I may drowned in the blues. Okay, that's extremely dramatic, it's the song's fault =P. I just get...sad. Call it a mood swing, hormones, the aliens residing in my head.... I'm sure there are a lot of things to blame for it. Yet, there's this fulfilling feeling when I do listen to oldies. Not only sadness it provokes but somehow it puts me in a mood to think, be philosophical. It's rather relaxing actually.

It don't matter to me
If you really feel that
You need sometime to be free
Time to go out searching for yourself
Hoping to find time to go to find
And it don't matter to me
If you take up with someone
Who's better than me
'Cause your happiness is all I want
For you to find peace your piece of mind


- It Doesnt Matter to Me BREAD

Man, love these fellas, got hooked the moment 'Make It With You' seeped into my flesh, my bones and sent a jitter up my spine. [Sue me, I love oldies...]

Hey have you ever tried,
Really reaching out for the other side?
I maybe climbing on rainbows
But, baby here goes.
Dreams there for those who sleep,
Life is for us to keep,

And if you're wond'ring
What this song is leading to
I want to make it with you

- Make It With You BREAD

Havent dissected lyrics since my Moffatt days... Am pretty out in the sense of the current music actually. No longer do I worship one band, instead if it's nice, my ears will be eager. More often than not, unless if they are popular, wouldn't know their names, but would recognize the style and their signature beauty of tunes and voice.

Was doing my Moral project, decided on the topic homosexuality. Finding it oh-so-hard to write formally. A lot of my assignments are undone, even though before the holidays I vowed to finish all of them AND practice on my skills. One of the reasons am here; escaping from the torturous world of formal reports! One glance at my pile at this moment and I think, "Screw it!". At least for now. Will wake from slumber later, very horrified.

A certain friend of mine just converted me into a crazed fan of the Japanese anime called Chobits. You know who you are =P. have been dling songs and wallpapers since. Now i recommend it to anyone with eyes and ears to watch it! also, was always wondering why a lot of manga/anime fans wants to learn Japanese... i need not wonder no longer, i understand now for am... am joining 'em [ @_@"]. LOL. Picked up some words as well, like:

Baka - Idiot/Stupid [Used v frequently... heheh]
Kawaii - Cute [I bet you know this, right??]
Dakishimetai no ni - I just want to hold you [as useless as 'Voulez vouche avec moi?'... lol]
Wakaranai - I don't know [Umm, that IS the meaning, hahah]

The last time I learnt Dutch... well, snippets. Used to frequent this fiction website, Squashed Elephants, and I got into a v brief friendship with the webmistress:

Ik wil je - I want you [the reply would be 'Ik jou ook']
Nee - No
Klootzak - Asshole
Lekker Ding - Sexy thing [used this a lot during my high school days, for a certain infatuation =P]
Rot een eind op, stomme idioot - Go fuck yourself, you dipshit!

Oh the fun days! She actually taught me "Your place or mine?" and "Does your body tastes as good as you look?", but my old old email account has been deleted, along with her emails. Memories down the drain... *sigh*

Cheers to the oldies and the past. Goodnight.

1 comment:

gianne said...

from blog-city:

1. a reader left...
Wednesday, 22 September 2004 4:26 pm
i hate a lot of oldies

SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM spam SPAM

spam SPAM spam SPAM spam

there u have ur wish.
kekekeke.

sephquartz



2. Pui Yee left...
Friday, 24 September 2004 1:53 am
moffatts? *wrinkle nose* uh...don't club me yet. i DId buy their cassettes, despite them not

being my fave band. the power of "daddy, want money" and hold out palm to daddy...those were

the days. hey, look, i'm getting sentimental too!



3. Silhouette left...
Saturday, 25 September 2004 12:51 am
Yes, I know the feeling when the lyrics are so meaningful. I mean who can beat Janet Jackson's

Would you? Song? heh! Check out the lyrics!