Friday, September 17, 2004

The Right Choice

TGIF!!! Never felt so glad to reach the weekend at last, the whole week consisted of the growing bags under my eyes. It's the endless rush to finish my assignments and only the other day, my beauty sleep was 2 hours due to lovely lovely assignments. Abt 8 hours of endless colour mixing and careful painting. Then in class (Design Studies), lovely lovely lect decided he'd collect that particular assignment AFTER the holidays. I was torn between laughter, disbelief and the intense need to hang that lecturer upside-down and hit him like a pinata. Preferably a club with spikes. With a bucket of salt nearby.

     Next week we're given an assignment-laden one week holiday. Will be spending my hols travelling from the TV to my fridge. P'raps desk to toilet. Fascinating, no? *roll eyes*

     I wonder if the path my feet thread upon is the one for me. Doing what I'm doing now. Muns tells me she's surprised that I didn't take up journalism. Others reckon veterinarian, marine biologist, IT, so on and so forth. The former: It's only in my opinion that writers/authors are under-appreciated, under-paid, and all sorts of other 'unders'. Nor will it be a easy road to take, it's very competitive. And I don't even trust my life in my own hands, how will I save lives? And the guilt will kill me even though death is inevitable.
     At times, I miss the 'thinking' subjects. Add Maths, Philosophy, History, Politics... keeps brain active =P. Certain parts of history interests me, especially if it involves bloody wars =). But then again, love to read, hate to memorize. Once one starts memorizing, the beauty of the past will be gone. It's something you can discuss. Skills on the other hand, it's basically the other side of the moon. When frustrated with my sketch that just isn't good enough, I doubt. Then I don't. Then I do. 'tis hard to be a Libran, ppl!
     It's hard to ascertain what the outcome will be. Sometimes I feel, this whole thing is like a bloody Russian Roulette [no pun intended]. I will find out what was the right choice, a milisecond before dying.

     Feel like going for an adventure. Like PY's idea, backpacking through the Silk Road. Just think it'd be a great experience, to be thrown into unknown places, see how we'd get out of sticky situations. I wonder it'll ever get it out of our thoughts and turn into something tangible. A nice little adventure before our lives goes in a rut. But then again, there's a question of the moolah and if my family would EVER allow me to do so. Sometimes I just feel like getting the hell out of this place, but I know that in the end, I'll return right where I started. Details abt the Silk Road is vague for me, all I know is it involves China and there's Gobi Desert too. Don't think it passes through Istanbul, though would love to go there! We'll see I suppose, have to start fattening my piggy bank, in contrary to what I usually fatten: self.

     Oh, am in my coll's Multimedia Lab. A nice little discovery... better if compared to the ones in the library, wasn't aware that we can use 'em if there's no class going on. The mouse is much much 200% better! So is the net connection, LOL. Still, despite all it's faults and crashability, it's Windows that I prefer, the ones here are all Macs. I can't even edit the HTML here! Bugger...

{Updated} Font / Links

# Missing Calliope|Callie. That canine latched on my heart and it will not leave, even though i gave her away for a better home. Just hope she's doing alrite.

01 - Slightly retarded, I love her still.

02 - You ought to see when she pounces - yep, that pose. Kung fu dog!

03 - I bet Mylo misses her too. =)

1 comment:

gianne said...

from blog-city:

1. Silhouette left...
Saturday, 18 September 2004 2:37 am
The right choice, is the choice you think is best for yourself. When taken, there should be no

regrets and it ought to make you happy. Whatever choice it is, I'm always there to support you

...of course choices involving taking of lives and multiple partners aren't involved :P



2. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Saturday, 18 September 2004 3:05 am
hey, muns, thanks loads...appreciate that comment. u sounded so profound, until the last

sentence. haih, once a stupid girl,always a stupid girl,=P, jk *hugs*



3. Silhouette left...
Saturday, 18 September 2004 3:18 am
Well, takes one to know one, my dear ;)



4. a reader left...
Saturday, 18 September 2004 2:03 pm
are librans fickle minded? very very very. but at least u're heading somewhere, so enjoy it.

omg, u're actually missing addmaths? lol.

chloe



5. Andy Lim left...
Monday, 20 September 2004 9:58 pm
Awww... Callie's so cute! =)

Yay, you finally found another place to access the internet! Can bug you more often now... XD



6. Pui Yee left...
Tuesday, 21 September 2004 3:09 am
: It's only in my opinion that writers/authors are under-appreciated, under-paid, and all sorts

of other 'unders'.............ENCORE! ENCORE! that's my doubts, gn, and not mine all alone

apparently. a difficult, lonely, risky and underappreciated road i'm going to thread...sigh.

maybe whimsically, i'd follow my dreams of learning about philosophy...and if i have the money

and time...i'd go for economics...but it's just not economical. hope tis ain't going to be a

regret 20 yrs down the road.



7. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Tuesday, 21 September 2004 7:42 pm
PY, actually that's what people say abt designers/artists as well! lol... it just came to me,

and i was like,'heh? me and my contradictory ways AGAIN!'. Besides, your writing is veli the

nice... speaking of philosophy, have u even finished Sophie's World? =P if u havent...me

neither. lol.