I snitched this from Charlene (aka my actress!! jealous anot? XD), who snitched it from GingerTom.
1. Marriage is a civil union, even if you're straight. Marriage requires a license and a legal signature and it does not require a ceremony or vows made in the name of God, Allah, Jehovah or any other manifestation of religion. If you want a divorce, you go to court and not to church.
2. Marriage grants certain rights to those who enter into it and the right to inherit joint property, the right to make health care decisions, the right to raise children as a legally recognized couple and the right to protection from spousal abuse.
3. Homosexuality/bisexuality and transgenderness is not a lifestyle, it is a sexual orientation, as is heterosexuality, which most people are born with.
4. Pedophiles are not heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. Pedophiles are predators, whether they seduce/coerce/rape little boys or little girls. Their sexual orientation is aimed toward prepubescent children.
5. Homosexuals and bisexuals, like heterosexuals, are hoping for a loving relationship with a consenting adult.
6. Homosexuals and bisexuals are no more likely to be sex-obsessed than heterosexuals. They are not looking to convert straights into gayness.
7. If you know 10 people, it is likely that one is gay or bisexual. Not all gay men are flaming queens; not
all lesbians are butch bikers.
8. Some of them are your coworkers, some of them are your neighbors, some go to the same church you do,
some have children going to school with yours. All of them are taxpayers, consumers, voters, club members,
9. ALL of them are human beings with good traits, bad traits, wants, needs, and dreams. Every one of them is
someone's child, someones's brother or sister, someone's friend.
Re-post this if you believe that life is more than separation and division of human based on race, color of the skin, religion, sexual identity/orientation, gender, physical appearance, etc (",)
And another journal-snitching (Charlene again, lol)
WHY AM I MARRIED?
You have two choices in life:
You can stay single and be miserable,
or get married and wish you were dead.
> At a cocktail party, one woman said to another,
"Aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?"
"Yes, I am. I married the wrong man."
>When a woman steals your husband,
there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.
>A little boy asked his father,
"Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"
Father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying."
>A young son asked,
"Is it true Dad, that in some parts of Africa
a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?"
Dad replied, "That happens in every country, son."
>Then there was a woman who said,
"I never knew what real happiness was until I got married,
and by then, it was too late."
>Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
>If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention
to every word you say -- talk in your sleep.
>Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through
life thinking they had no faults at all.
>First guy says, "My wife's an angel!"
Second guy remarks, "You're lucky, mine's still alive."
> " A Woman's Prayer:
Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man ,
to Love and to forgive him, and for patience, for his moods.
Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death "
>Husband and wife are waiting at the bus stop with their nine children. A blind man joins them after a few minutes.
When the bus arrives,they find it overloaded and only the wife and the nine kids are able to fit onto the bus.
So the husband and the blind man decide to walk. After a while, the husband gets irritated by the ticking of
the stick of the blind man as he taps it on the sidewalk, and says to him : "Why don't you put a piece of rubber at
the end of your stick? That ticking sound is driving me crazy." The blind man replies, "If you would've put a rubber at the end of YOUR stick, we'd be riding the bus . so shut the hell up."
I don't like the idea of marriage, but like my friends would retort, "Sekali you're the first to get married and get pregnant with twins!" *swt* Hope it isn't the other way round. XD. Not against marriage btw, just ain't for me.
Was passing some tacky plastic flower loaded wedding shop today and my mom mentioned, wah next time you get married, I'll be shopping here *cue dreamy look in eyes* and *cue incredulous look in daughter's*. What did I just thought again?? I told her wah, like that if I ever marry, I'll do it in another country. On a mountain top. With jagged paths. And near the cliff. This is the part when I'll explain my mom hates climbing, exercise and other strenous activities. Anyway as long as difficult for my mom to access. Then she goes, what kind of daughter are you!! ur wedding dun let ur own mother go. But she's laughing when she said that.
And yea, resorted to copy+paste thing, 'cause of bloody work. and some buzzing mozzie is just waiting to receive my 'applause'.
And am done with two presentations!!! Well, rolled into one anyway. Four more to go. Bloody. I'll upload my postcard when I have time in my DevArt. Meanwhile, if you're interested, you can view my website ASSignment @ geocites! =(. I wanna get a domain like Seiji did. Moo. Dunno can reveal it anot, so I didn't. BTW, mah contact form ain't workin', so don't bother using it.