Saturday, November 05, 2005

My bum's gotten flatter

Ladies and gentlemen. Invisible and invincible beings. Mr Air and Mrs Dust.

In the past week, my bum's been superglued to mah chair. The owner of this bum has also been spotted chugging chinese tea and michael jackson drink (soya + cincau) down along with cheese, chocolate, peanuts, mentos, oreos and other random tidbits. Occasionally her father would toss in a lil' bottle of chicken essence.

And MAN, I screwed up my time. Seriously. People would be getting ready to go out of lunch and I'd be, Mmmmmm...bed.... *cue zombie-walking*

During dinnertime, I'd wake up and say, "What's for lunch?"

And I won't sleep for long either, I sleep about an average of 4 hours. Sometimes I can't even keep track whether if I've eaten or not etc.

No wonder I haven't been feeling good lately. T.T


This happens when you've been lazy for the past weeks. THREE assignments cramped into 10 days of work! Used up about 5 days for my 3D, 2 for my video (which, according to 4 out of 5, is sleep-inducing and uncomperehensible *cries*) and the rest for my 2D animation. And 1/4 of the time is just me trying to get used to the controls and stuff.

... and my video is abstract-based, dammit!!! I like watching movies like Virgin Suicides and Not One Less and all those slow movies people deem boring! But mine is like, worse, lol. Haih. My fault for being overambitious and cramping too many scenes into 5 minutes.

But justifying my movie won't make a lot people like it so... like LC said, if it's bad, just treat it like a lesson; it's a risk I took and failed. Oh well, yea, lesson learnt, and will NOT make abtract films. Ever again. I should tweak the video a wee bit more, but can't be bothered. Am much more lax this sem, last sem I was working my ass off nonstop to get a handful of A's but this sem? More to enjoying this short college life. Ergh, was a total bitch + anal retentive person last sem.

BTW, just kidding about giving up on a type of film. I'm just grumpy, sleepy and sad. Gimme candy.

Here's my finished AND presented work for two of my classes (we had to do postcards, front and back, based on a quote, lyric, etc). Some, not all.


Like a phoenix you rise from the ashes - Vienna Teng Eric's Song



How can a bird that is born for joy, sit in a cage and sing? - William Blake The Schoolboy

I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
(and yes, this is me, with drag-queen elements. the other 'model' is kezia, my friend-> top postcards)

All the pictures inside are taken by me in a combined two hours walk around my neighbourhood. The pics were pretty dull, BUT Photoshop = Magic.

Enough procrastinating, for am getting really lazy. Awaiting the 4 months of hols with the eagerness of an excited child... but I think it'll really be boring hor. Maybe I'll take up a hobby. Or two.

Back to my animation and chugging chinese tea.

1 comment:

gianne said...

from blog-city!:

1. dreamer idiot left...
Sunday, 6 November 2005 4:56 am

whooaahh...what great pictures. You are wonderfully gifted artisically (and I really envy you, because not in a thousand years would I come out with things like that).

Interestig to know that you are laos into filmmaking. Wow. (envy again). Anyway, I dont get to wacth much films (no cinemas where I live), but yeah, 'Not One Less' is really beautiful, and you should probaby try to catch Wong Kar Wai's "In the Mood for Love" - simply sensuous and poetic film, and probably "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Meanwhile, I am desperately soucing to get films to watch....Cheers.


2. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Tuesday, 8 November 2005 4:15 am

thx! but actually i just lumped a couple of pictures together with no direction to go and play aorund and tada! try it (haha then next tiem i'll be at ur blog whoah-ing, lol)

i'm so not a film maker man! put a video cam in my hands and it cries =(. lol. In the mood of love is v fmailiar... maggie cheung and tony smthg with gorgeous cheongsams? been wanting to catch that (love old-atmosphrere movies like that!).

ESSM oso havent watch... i tihnk it's on astro.. *goes to flip astro guidebook*

btw, i highly recommend thirteen (teenage turbulence for this girl...)