Friday, March 24, 2006

A REALLY Honest Child

My mom signed me up on some volunteer thing under Soka Gakkai (my Buddhism path, though I'm bordering on free thinking). PIC - person in charge, and deals with kids, that's all I know. On the way there I was just praying for patience and not to strangle any children =.=.

Anyway, it turns out that I'm just there to have a look at what a PIC does (luckily Alison is there... she's 6 years younger than me, but somehow we always get along pretty well)

Some highlights:
- When we were chanting, we usually kneel down. Since I was kneeling behind most people, I couldn't help but look at their feet turn pink, then blue-ish. Mmmm.... blue feet XD.

- Kids say the darnest things
PIC: What do you want to be when you grow up?
BOY: Ngo oi zhou SANN XIN!! (I want to be a God!)

FRIEND: *whisper to me* Tak ge... Oi sei zhin lor (Can... have to die first though)

Ouch ouch, my sides hurt from the double hit.

1 comment:

gianne said...

from blog-city:

1. earl-ku left...
Friday, 24 March 2006 8:21 pm :: http://ku.dannywatches.com

surprised to see the word Soka Gakkai comin up in PPS

SGM member here - i consider myself part-timeonly, haha

its been a long long long time since the last time i followed mom to chanting, mayb like 10 - 15 years ago...

now its the occasional 3 chants before i leave the house everyday .... sigh

2. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Saturday, 25 March 2006 2:04 am

hahah same here! part timer XD

wow, 10 years is pretty long... my mom brings me to the Bunka Kaikan once in a while when they have activities there... I like the activities; orchestra, dance, backdrop etc. The only prob is that my chinese is not that good, so hard to communicate sometimes

nice to know there's another SGM member in the blog world!

3. Seiji left...
Sunday, 26 March 2006 10:58 am

Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha Namo Amitabha (chinese monk chanting)

Hahha... kids are really funny. Sounds boring but at least you did something meaningful on Saturday. PPS? You got ping your blog?

4. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Sunday, 26 March 2006 2:57 pm

oh well, you got the first syllable right then the rest wrong... no cookie for you! XDXD

not that boring la, but i dun think i will join... no damn patience! but that part was the highlight of the evening... the boy was really cheeky (8 years old!!). a handful, but usually intelligent/curious kids are. yea, i ping some of my entries... why u got check meh

5. Pui Yee left...
Tuesday, 28 March 2006 2:28 am

gianne....i'm very very very very sorry...for nt....visiting ur...blog...in AGES! cos the only entry i know is the FABRIC NOVELTY one! on the other hand u've provided me an enjoysble half hour going through ur writing...! haha! i must say this one moe time la, u really really a funny, expressive writer la! evny ur style SOMETIMES :p

6. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Thursday, 30 March 2006 2:23 am

weh, who are you again? XD And what do you mean 'SOMETIMES' huh!!?!? only sometimes??? XDXD *bully PY*

just kidding, it's okay, you've been busy mah. Anyway, since u feel sorry, next outing belanja me sushi ok? see i so good, let u 'repent' XDXD