Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Lunchtime

It's lunchtime, and I'm hungry.

What to eat?

I don't feel like popping instant noodles into the microwave for two minutes. Or frying rice in eggs, with a sprinkle of salt. Eggs with sausages? Fried chicken breasts soaked in teriyaki sauce, served with rice? Oreos with rice?

So I did the first thing a lazy girl would do.

Raid the cupboard of cans.

I did attempt to think like a good little hardworking asian girl. My version being, boiling some udon noodles and then cooking Campbell's delicious mushroom soup as sauce. Or perhaps, luncheon meat? But then I'd have to wash the pan and to open a whole can for one person would seem like a waste!

Then I spotted it.

Tuna. With garlic. TC Boy brand.

Why, how unusual! Tuna AND Garlic? Excellent, it's like combining two atomic-breath-bombs!! In a very convenient 8cm-diameter/5cm-high tin can too, if I may add. Darth Vader ought to have some, I bet it'll be like self-asphyxiation or smthg. I don't know about you, but I have't seen such a thing (hidden meaning: I haven't been to the supermarket for half a year)

That's what I was thinking as I was squatting there, with Mylo looking quizzically at me.

Thus, it was the Chosen One, and I eagerly peeled off the top (the can's top, NOT my top) and scooped some into my bowl of rice. And oh, the leftover veggies from last night. Balanced meal mah (Nutritionists reading this will smack their foreheads, and going, "D'OH!!" in exasperation)

The verdict? Fun at first, but the 'novelty' of it wore off in approximately 5 minutes. Then I spent the next 10 minutes separating the slightly spicy tuna from the garlic. I prefer plain tuna floating in oily goodness, tqvm.

I guess I'm a traditionalist in some ways.

Lesson? Just fry that damn luncheon meat.

What? Can't hear me? Come closer, my dear... *unleashes tuna/garlic breath*

EDIT: Wait, it's ginger. Damn, like that oso can mix up. Don't let me in your kitchen, boys and girls!

No comments: