Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday suits and whatnot

     I don't know how many of you will agree with me but... is it me, or is society becoming more uptight and sensitive as the years go by? I mean, people were more open about certain subjects in the past, but now people are trying to make it into a taboo subject. Let's see, for instance...

     Any of you have photographs of yourself during baby and toddler years in your birthday suit? I do. Mostly playing with water. It was still 1980's and the photographs has rounded edges and soft colours. Oh, the possibility of embarassing moments when mothers conveniently remember them ALOUD when guests are over. And when brought out, it will give birth to, "Oh you know when he/she was 2, he/she did *insert hilarious moment that you have NO recollection of*" and everyone is amused and entertained. Last time people don't even give a hoot about photos like that (depends on society though), but now more are squirming uncomfortably over it. Am sure their heads are screaming 'ZOMGPAEDOPHILES!!11!" but it's really not like that at all.

     Intending to bring up another example of the clothing rule in next paragraph, but I digressed... Same line but diff branch, and I'm lazy to steer back. But you'll prolly get the general idea la (I like to assume things like this XD)

     Anyway, it seems recently, people stirred up issues of race, religion, sex and gender, willingly or not. Race and religion will be an everlasting sensitive topic while sex, well, forever controversial... but the fact that in this day and time, yet again women have to stand up to fight for a BASIC amount of respect is quite disheartening. It's disheartening to see certain men accusing women for their own lack of self control. Whatever la. If you want to point, please use your fingers while it's connected to brain, and not use the other pointer ( go figure).
Time after time, another silly rule with soft excuses. What's next? Lock girls and women up in the house? And their only purpose is to serve people food, sing them lullabies and to pop out babies like daisies? I'm not saying that any of those purposes is degrading or wrong, but humans are capable of doing other things than that, that's all.

     In reference to Nik Aziz's latest comment (am forever marvelled by his 'wise' words), if there is a connection between the clothes we wear and the amount of self-respect we have, I've failed to spot it.

“A woman who wears an indecent outfit does not respect herself,
so how can she expect men to respect her?”

How you know? Been a woman before is it? Hello, wearing a miniskirt does not translate to: Hi, please rape me, kthx. If you do think that way, holy crap, your brain is all wired wrong. Honestly, WE respect ourselves... and all we can ask is for YOU to respect us. Okay?

     Oh, my brain is pointing somewhere else again. There's actually a lullaby-singing contest in Kelantan now. It's where wives sing lullabies to their hubby and kid, and the one with the best motherly-like lullaby will win, or smthg like that la. Okay, minus the whole "OMGWHYONLYWOMENNEEDTODOTHAT!!11!", I think the contest will be quite cute. Seriously. If there's an aura of affection during the contest that is. Also, I can't imagine me singing a lullaby to future partner though.

Me: C'mere hon, it's time for your lullaby...
Him: What??? Oh god! No, no, PLEASE, noOOOOooOOOO!!!
Me: Lullaabbbyyyy baaayyyybie on ze tree topppppp...
Him: Someone, make it stop... make it stop....
Me: ...when the wind blooows, the craaaadlee wiiiiiilll dropppp...
Him: *on the floor and twitching in the corner*

It'll be the first time in the history of man that a lullaby traumatised someone. The end.

1 comment:

gianne said...

FROM BLOG-CITY~!
1. Beer Brat left...
Friday, 8 December 2006 11:52 am


Haha.... was they really such a contest? Is it still ongoing? Man I hope some people will post some videos on Youtube. Especially if someone like you is singing.... haha. Can't be tat bad.

2. Hui Sen left...
Friday, 8 December 2006 12:33 pm


I do agree with you that being politically correct has gone way overboard at times. Being politically correct in itself is not wrong. I just get taken aback sometimes with how aggressively the moral police attack.

I have no idea or understanding how people like Nik Aziz think. My view is that humans, like any other animal, are geared to be sexual. I do like eye candy. At least, I can still recognise that there's a real person in the mini skirt and not an object. Which is how strict Muslims view women. At least, that is what I am led to believe, by these people themselves.

When I had a 'real' job I was sent to Kota Bharu for a month. The morality police has choked the place down pretty much. There's not much for anyone to do. I was there 3 years ago so I don't know if anything's changed. Then, there wasn't much for the youth do to. There was a cinema but apparently they don't turn off the lights come movie time. It's common knowledge among the people that for a good time, head north into Thailand. It's only half an hour away. Drugs, drink, sex and other sins and debauchery. I think it's really stupid. By smothering Kelantan, he's driven the people to a place beyond his control while they look for entertainment.

I think all fundamentalists are hypocrites anyway.

3. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Saturday, 9 December 2006 3:04 am


BeerBrat: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/12/7/nation/16246 998&sec=nation <--TADA!!! You'll only get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but it there XDXD. And put it this way, if there weren't anyone like me, no one will appreciate the good singers. So we're invaluable *gets bricked* XD

Hui Sen: Yea, it could get quite ridiculous sometimes, the whole political correctness thing. On the moral police, I absolutely hate the idea of it. I don't need a oh-so-righteous someone telling me what I should do or probing into my private life. Especially if the person is not an angel himself... the irony of it. I believe that Islam is a beautiful religion, but it's a pity that Muslims who leans towards the extreme side, gives an ugly image to it. C'mon, what age is this? Shud consider that.

"At least, I can still recognise that there's a real person in the mini skirt and not an object." <-- I like these words. Plz print out big big, and paste it in Nik Aziz's room XDXD

Alamak, if I can get bored in KL, I better not go to KB, lol. I recall them banning traditional performing arts, so what else is there to see? Very true, if they can't get it there, they will go elsewhere. Think the leaders should understand human nature more.