Monday, January 29, 2007

"Selamat pagi, cikgu...."

Pinpon... Dilemma's at the door! No worries, it's... minor (?) and I'll keep whole story short.

How do you go about teaching a 10-year old English?

I am clueless on the whole teaching thing. I have some vague ideas from searching the Net (though still lacking), but I'd love to hear from your perspective. The general idea so far is to not concentrate too much on the technical aspect, and to improve her speaking skills. Oh, most importantly, fun lessons/activities...

If it was a class, I could do roleplay or something, but this is just one student.

How would you approach the lesson? What kind of activities would interest her to practice speaking the language? What did you wished your lessons was like back during your school days? (<-be specific if possible!) How would you approach a shy student? Or if you just have any ideas, advice or suggestions, it would mean a great deal to me if you would tell me. I will love you long long time! I'm half-panicky and half-happy about this whole thing. Wha--? Well, the girl kinda chose me, the teaching-virgin, over some others with years of experience under their belt, and I haven't even taught her yet. I'm glad about that of course, but here comes the panicky part. So yes... help?

I'll be totally anal about my grammar if the classes goes well XDXD

PS: You know what, I'm so happy that I grew up learning English, because English language is tough! I just realised how friggin' hard it will be to learn from scratch...

1 comment:

gianne said...

1. Silhouette left...
Tuesday, 30 January 2007 2:53 am

Hairy Porter weh!!! LOL

2. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Tuesday, 30 January 2007 5:30 pm

that's an idea, but am not sure or her level of english yet, so.... I think she's chinese ed though

3. Silhouette left...
Wednesday, 31 January 2007 12:15 am

that bad? hmm....

4. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Wednesday, 31 January 2007 11:11 am

honestly, i don't know her level yet, so let's not jump to conclusions XD i have all my enid blyton books dug out though (yes i still have them XD)

PS: any mistakes in this entry that you can spot? if i'm gonna be anal, i might as well start now. XDXD jk!