Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Hundred Series

Inspired by Leah Budin I've started my own project called "The Hundred Series". The idea is to draw any damn thing I like... they may or may not have concepts, and I have a secret title for each of them.








All approximately 7"x5.5"

So far, all of them are drawn using Artline only (except one, for I sketched it first with a pencil) therefore mistakes give me half-a-heartbeat skip and mouthing "Sheeeeetttttt".

Drawn whenever I'm weary from assignments or needed a break or just need a momentary creative outlet. I really enjoy drawing something that could be completed in one sitting. Where I can experiment freely. Long projects that takes 3 months to complete (like a traditional 2D animation) can make you feel a bit numb sometimes.

When I'm done with the 100 faces, I'm thinking of sending them out to anyone who wants them. There's a catch though. In return, I want $300.... -kaching!-.....

No la, I'm KIDDING!!! Again, I'll be taking a leaf out of Leah Budin's book (because I think it's a really cool idea). It's more like an exchange thing; just send me a drawing of anything (made by you ya!), and I'll randomly select one to send over to you! I'll post up what I receive.

Honestly, am not entirely sure who actually wants my drawings, but hey, worth a try... besides, I have 96 more to go. The whole sending out part will happen once I reach 50 drawings because randomly choosing one out of four is so not fun! XD

I wonder how long will I take to reach the big 1-0-0.

1 comment:

gianne said...

1. Silhouette left...
Sunday, 25 March 2007 12:07 am

I wanttttt!!!! PLEASEEEEE the one with the hat!!! Pretty please! I'll make cute bentos for you!

2. Beerbrat left...
Monday, 26 March 2007 1:38 pm :: http://www.theproblemwithhindsight.blogs

Count me in. Do you think adding a little facial hair to your some of these faces is a good idea?

3. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Monday, 26 March 2007 4:36 pm

ML: Oi, belum siap 50 dah nak request XDXD. As for the bento... HOW CUTE???? XDXD

Beerbrat: The Ringling brothers would love that XDXD