Saturday, March 31, 2007

Teddy bears and us

While slurping my wanton noodles, I saw from the corner of my eye that something white was falling. It turns out to be Madie taking the stuffing out of her teddy bear with a furry vengence of some sort. So I took it from her, stuff the cotton (or polyester fluff?) back in and gave it back to her, but at the same time, flipping it over so that the offending part wouldn't face her. Yet Madie promptly turn it over and resumed pulling out the stuffing. The scenario above repeats, and after that I just confiscated it from her and decides to fix it once I'm done eating my lunch.

Then in comes my mother with her own bowl of noodles (I ate straight out of the plastic bag, being the lazy arse that I am) and I told her about Madie disemboweling her fave toy. Immediately she goes, "I'll sew it now!" and promptly puts aside her lunch to repair it for my rather forlorn-looking Madie.

Madie stopped pining because she had her favourite toy back. My mother puts back the sewing set and eats her lunch. Madie is currently biting her toy, until a new hole will appear. And most probably, my mom will pause whatever she's doing to patiently fix it for her again.

I was just looking at the scene and it strikes me that it's funny how a simple action like this says a lot about how we do things.

And how we are like.

2 comments:

gianne said...

1. Seiji left...
Sunday, 1 April 2007 3:59 pm

Weee.. Madie's so cute! Got take a video of Madie playing with the teddy (disemboweling's more accurate :P )? I bet you were too busy eating noodles.. but then again:

Huh? You ate straight out from the plastic bag?? Your love for wantan mee really amazes me XD

2. GenieOnTheLoose left...
Tuesday, 3 April 2007 8:49 pm

Of course, my needs first then only my dog's wants XDXD So no video lor. If there is one though, you will see noodles dangling in front of the lens, which will beat the purpose XD

Eating out from the plastic bag is a time-saving method, allowing the eater, upon filling her tummy to prompty throw away the bag and washing only the fork. It also saves my household's monthly water usage. Wah seh leh XD

mike said...

Nice article:). Its really nice. Post some more awesome article..
MIKE"teddy bears"