Sunday, April 22, 2007

Down the stairs you go

You know what really sucks?

Drawing a scene for 2 days, and then when you're finally done, you save it, nearly 100 frames. Then close the file. 20 seconds later your SHIT of a computer hangs. But shouldn't be a problem, right? Because the file was closed 20 seconds ago.

But no.

File corrupted.

I feel so damn frustrated. NOT THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED!!! Although it's the first time for -this- kind of error. Usually it's when I'm working halfway when my computer hangs, or when I'm saving it then it hangs =_=;;;;;. I have back-ups for other files, but I havent made one for this. It's so ironic. I didn't have any trouble with the other files until I have to resort to the back up, but the only one I haven't backed up, f-ed up.

Once I get a new computer, I'm gonna frigging chuck this computer of mine down the stairs, with sheer pleasure. For all the headache and stress it gave me by eating my work countless times.

Okay, I'm not in a blubbering mess now, but I'm nearly crying, but I gotta force myself to stay calm, and redo 2 days' work. omg.

Now I'm so so so back in my work. IT'S ANNOYING! I don't have time for all this!!!

EDIT: I checked out google for any way to save it, but none for this kind. Oh, well. Feeling calmer now though. Don't want to kill mah soul over something like this srsly. I'll just redo it, ya.

11 comments:

Wan Yean said...

calm down, lady! all you need now is chocolate, and core2duo! :)

good luck on reproducing ur work, and when u're done, maybe u can post it up for us to see ur magnificent work? :j

gianne said...

wan yean: I'm sooo ahead of you!! Already taken some chocolate fingers, great remedy I tell you XDXD

Yea, gonna go reproduce it now. This time I'm gonna back-up it up like my life depends on it =DDDDD

Ichitaka Leingod said...

ya, I know how it feels... all the work eaten by the com, and you cant slap or kick it cause it has no feelings... nvm, hope u can get ur new com soon!

gianne said...

ichitaka: i sure hope so too... it died on me this very morning orz....

as in no image on the screen when you turn it on

i was fiddling with it nearly the whole day, and finally my dad fixed it (replaced graphics card, though it's older than the spoilt one)

whole day gone, very unproductive hahah

Silhouette said...

have been trying to post a comment for ages! stupid thing...*sigh* *hands gianne super moist fudgy chocolate cake*...

Hui Sen said...

Well, you might want to chuck your PC down some stairs.... as for me, I would like to chuck Bill Gates and Hilary Rosen down the stairs.

Let's make a race of it and see which item gets to the bottom first!

runawaycat said...

Years ago I felt like chucking my pc down the stairs too...imagined it go down...sheer pleasure...sweet revenge. As I type this, my pc is still sitting next to me.

gianne said...

moony: Hahahaha!!! I bet now *you* want to throw something from the top of the stair (-coughbloggercough-). ya hor, sometimes blogger comment has some loading problem. Thinking of changing to Haloscan soon, but wonder if it's necessary...Thanks for the cake though. The front of my shirt is already wet....

hui sen: ... oh, don't do that...

... I mean, nothing serious will happen to them at that height. Choose someplace higher dammit!! XDXD

runawaycat: i have a funny feeling that my computer is a living entity that can contain emotions like hurt and betrayal. because the day after typing this entry, my computer's graphic card konked out wtf. nothing like a computer scorned hahah!

fattien said...

rendering...rendering.... popup illegal erorr/ system no responding/hanging. File been eaten

I really do that on my 1st company (while using P3)when doing late by nobody there. "fuklah, #!$!@#@!" scold scold scold and then chuck the pc and throw mouse bang to the CPU. kick the CPU!!!! scold again until release all my emo.


phew....my breath smooth again

runawaycat said...

What a coincidence. I feel the same too. When I have something important to do it WILL definitely hang. It's like it's got some grudge against me or something. But I don't have to deal with it anymore muahahaha

gianne said...

fattien: oh yea, that seriously SUCKS!! Imagine rendering something for long long time, sekali comptuer crash wtf. And I smack my CPU sometimes, scolding it (like it will understand anyway, orz...)

If anyone from ur office ask anything about those suspicious scratches and dents, just shrug and pretend to not know, lolol.

runawaycat: ahhh lucky you! now your old pc must be sobbing for being chucked aside for its bad deeds hahah