Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sleeping people and their telly / My friends = Santa Claus

Have you been in the living room with a sleeping someone who dozed off with the telly's shows as their lullaby? The type who when you try changing the channel on the telly, and that person would just magically open his eyes wide, going, "Hey!! I'm watching that...!!" (...mutterings of inconsideration optional...) and you quickly revert back to the previous channel... only to be greeted by the said person snoring again (wtf!)

My dad is such a person... and I just never realised that his habit of his could just morph into something of a higher level. It was really fascinating. I was watching the telly, when the channel changed, and it was dad, surfing channels.....


.... in HIS SLEEP!!!

Now that's what I call the true 'remote' control hahaha!

It was pretty amazing in several levels. I stare at him in awe now XD.

Someone should create a FB group for this.

---------------

I introduced my colleagues to the wonder that is the Japanese Raccoon Dog.


And Hardo Gay da... fuuuuUUUUUuuUUU!!!!


I feel so proud of myself that it hurts.

---------------

There's nothing in the world that is quite as lovely as receiving letters or packages in the mail amidst the piles of bills. It just something that warms me from the tummy and put me into a momentary world where woodland animals flitter out from their habitat to do my house chores wtf.

I came home to 4 packages in the mail for me. Granted, three was from online shopping, so it's sort of like, sending flowers to yourself on Valentine's Day wtf (but I swear I never done that okay wtf). But it sure didn't stop me from feeling like a kid on Christmas day.

What I bought;
__ two T-shirts from the Cute Closet, which didn't fit me because I'm healthy. Yes. Very very VERY healthy orz. So, free Tees for my roomie! (thecutecloset.blogspot.com)
__ hairdye in Fishbowl from Special Effects.
__ an owl necklace and giraffe earrings from A Piece of Fancy (tane@Lowyat)

The last package was from my lovely Bouncy Oompha Loompha in UK. It was in a small box, and omg, I miss her handwriting!!! Still so round and neat. I used to compare our handwriting when we sat next to each other in high school. And think how messy my handwriting looks next to hers and how neater her already-neat handwriting looks next to mine WTF.

I feel so celaka when I held the box, proudly displaying that it's from UK, because I sent a bloody postcard 6 months ago from Sabah and it never reached her till now =___=;.

This is what she got me;

It was so quirky as it is, so I adore it.

And unbelievably gorgeous when you turn the lights off;

Quirky AND gorgeous??? In the words of Anabukin-chan... WAOW!! -IN LOVE!-

I could imagine it already; it being stringed across my room. Am trying to find a way to do that. It'd be so so so wonderful!!! I could turn off the boring fluorescent light, and I'll let these lights dance around my room. And I could just wander off to other lands in my mind..... (lol, scary tak?? XD)

Muns, thank you so much for this loveliness!!! If I really punch holes in my wall, it's gonna be your fault! XD
---------------


Since we're on the subject of presents, my birthday was in October. Had a small steamboat gathering in my home with close buddies. we've been talking abt going to steamboat restaurants since FOREVER, but not feeling sure which place would be good/worth it etc. And I just offered to have it in my place. AND since it was near my birthday, might as well make it into a gathering+celebration wtf.

Now that I think of it, it's the first time I celebrated my bday like this with my friends. I still feel uncomfortable abt a birthday party for myself. I don't know. Usually it's just a trip to the mall and secret recipe for a low-key thing. I'm just not that sort who knows how to celebrate herself wtf. Hence, I damn jakun in this whole bday business sigh.

My mum pretty much handled everything in the steamboat preparation, and I followed her instructions like a docile wide-eyed creature. My cuzzie was dragged in to be my mom's serf as well by moi XDXD. So with 3 pairs of hands, it wasn't -too- tedious. I tried paying me mam for the food, but she refused. She said it's her present for me (together with her cooking skills... awesome pressie imo!)

Kez and TJ came with banana chocolate cake, and when they found out I've gotten tiramisu cake as well, they were like, wtf, don't buy your own birthday cake!!! Jakunness XDXD. But that tiramisu cake is really delicious ;____;.

Seeing that our birthdays are only 3 days apart in the same year, my cuzzie and me are very straight-forward with each other. We always tell each other what we wanted for our bdays. It sorta kills the whole birthday surprise, but I guess we can't be arsed about it. She wanted earphones and I wanted a book. Any book, 2nd hand, 932847th hand I don't mind, as long as it's not in tatters and it's still readable.

.... And she, along with LJ and her bf, gave me a Borders debit card!! I can't tell you how sparkly my eyes went.

When I opened Charl's pressie, I saw this;
Okay, before I continue, I love candles! Used to make them in high school. The candle holder is something that I would get for myself... but wait, what is that on the top?
Huh???

It turns out to be this!

Oh gosh, I love this hands concept!!

BTW The wrapping paper is SO Charlene!

Thanks you guys!!

Also, my bro got me an LCD screen!! I think this is the first time he got me something that I really really REALLY liked.

Then...

... Now!!!!

Super happy! I'm not saying that he's a crappy gift giver, but I guess we have different personalities and tastes. He's more of the classy type, who would give me feminine looking watches or designer wallets... while I'm more of the eccentric taste wtf, and would go more for earring made from clay as opposed to diamonds wtf.

Now that I think of it... my presents for him was damn crappy. So far I've given him a disco ball, a lighter that emits green flame (when he wasn't smoking wtf but now he is. My fault orz...) and for his last birthday I gave him a snake and ladder drinking game with shot glasses. I actually thought that, after all the years I've finally gotten it right, because my bro goes clubbing and drinks.

He looked at it, saying he liked it ... BUT (oh god, the dreaded word.)... he just got some kidney/liver problem at the moment, so he's not allowed to drink.

......


.........

............................


........................................

................................................................

-jumps from tall building-

I'm going to hell.

There will be chains there with my name written on it already.


This year, I got him the PostSecret books.... which I really hope that he likes. Have yet have the courage to ask him whether he does or not orz.

---------------

I hate it that tears creeps to my eyes when I get mad. I can't argue my case properly because people get scared off by tears. It sucks.

---------------

Done in office when I was too lazy to go home. This is Lucia.
(click image for bigger view)
Nekkid + no makeup

The wonder of clothes, hair and makeup wtf

3 comments:

Jian Akiraceo (Miao) said...

Wahahahaha the racoon vid is funny XD...

And I love the LED chain.. its awesome hehehe

Charl said...

i love your value-for-clicking blogs. 3 topics smoothly crammed into one, sooo rich & nice just like the Secret Recipe cakes. XD
- - -

"Its just something that warms me from the tummy and put me into a momentary world where woodland animals flitter out from their habitat to do my house chores"

seriously. less Hairspray, more Sweeney Todd. now. orz
- - -

how much did the funky hairdye cost? coz i'm kinda lookin for those...saw a shop in Sg Wang but the stuff was all SO bludy mahal.

Am glad to hear that my friend is sihat sejahtera. r u sure u couldnt fit into those tees? why not wear em as baby tees instd? as in tight & small. hehe. there seems to be a dearth of baby tees in the market rite now (i love em, i dun care that they're not 'hot' at the moment). there are loads of long tees that go past ur friggin butt and those terrible pregnant tops that completely obscure the curves you've worked so hard to earn.
- - -

WAAAAAHHHH LOVEr-lyyy lighty thingies!!! wheee (lmao lmao) ...looking at the gift frm Muns
- - -
if i remember correctly, it was not banan chocolate but chocolate with mousse. i think its called Chocolate Delight, or smthg. if it was banana there wd have been pieces of spit-out slices everywhere since i dont do banana with choc. :D anyway, it ended up as Deconstructed Cake if u remember our disastrous tapau-ing efforts
- - -

dang i dunno how to go abt celebrating meself, either! i got so embarrassed one time in college when i brought a cake to be shared with my mates. even tho there was nothin actually embarrassing ...i just felt weird.

you didn't tell me how u like the books i gave ya btw. coz....LOL....i think i may wanna borrow one of them in the near future XD (muka tembok)

if u must know, i bot the candles sm time ago with u in mind but never got around to actually giving it to ya. glad it finally made it to the realms of your domain. and yay u figured out the hands! lol.

the wrapper.......is old. ehehe. but stil awesome rite?

aww your brother wants you to be ladylike LoLoL. reminds me of a dress & elegant wallet my cousins gave me that i never used. the wallet i gave to my mom; the dress....eh i'm not even sure what happened to it. anyone trying to get me to wear dresses on a regular basis needs to give up now. hvg said that, this actually heightens my pleasure of occasionally dolling up for formal events - frm the makeup to the hair & dress to the high heeled shoes that only sees light of day once a year.

- - -
a disco ball, a lighter that emits green flame, a snake and ladder drinking game with shot glasses..? fuckin awesome! can i have em for my xmas presents?

gianne said...

[jian] glad to spreading the word of WAOW! XD

[charl] funky hairdye was about rm70 with shipping from the states and everything. they have a few shade in pink; hot pink, cupcake pink etc... but i tihnk you'll just go into a seizure if u see me with pink hair XD. i'll bring the woodland animals along too XDXD

tee-shirt flatten my boobs better than a corset does wtf, so yes, it's too tight ;___;.

hahahahaha, you should had been my brother =(