Friday, December 30, 2011

Shrug

He started, "It's just one of those Hollywood films that is, you know..." *slight pause*

"... the sort that is a weak story that looks good?" I continued.

He sighed. "Look, let me finish my sentence."

Oh. Scratch 'continued' then.

She added, "Yea, I want to listen to what he has to say."

Yea, I got it the first time round. Double combo punch kinda hurts. I'm not entirely sure if it's my ego that was shaken or something else. Either way, a really interesting observation; the knowing that the same 'courtesy' would not be extended to me :). I suppose I was a little taken back as it was a casual chat, plus, it's not like I've been saying much. It wasn't an assertion of my opinion over his, but it was an agreement. At least that is the intention, but also a presumption as it's a common complaint about Hollywood films now.

Oh, the inner fight to not be childish about that. It's okay though. I'll just learn from it. Good to watch myself too. I wonder if I do that often; interjecting or presuming.

As for the feeling? Shrug and let it go.

No comments: