Thursday, January 26, 2012

Too Soon

I was in the shower, where you know, the place you start letting in nonsensical thoughts or figuring out your place in the world or the purpose of being, while you worked suds into your hair. This post is a recent result from one of those sessions... undeniably narcissistic when aired all and sundry in a public blog, but I guess this is one of those times in my life for a little memory-marker.

But before I start, this is not a cry for help or a clue of suicide. I'm perfectly fine. Well, perhaps not perfectly, but not something that I would off myself over. I'll leave that switch to God :).

----------------------------------------------
What if death comes too soon to me, in another's hand red-stained with my blood?

Would people miss me or would I disappear completely?

Would people seek the residues I left behind, trailing them like breadcrumbs on the ground?

Would there be a burst of condolences and then the air is stilled?

Would my goodness take stage and my flaws a taboo to say?



No comments: